The Cat Mate C10 is a good solution for an inexpensive way to feed your cat automatically. Because the food sits in the bowl, and is not dispensed from a hopper, you can use either moist cat food or dry cat food. However, for moist cat food you should use an ice pack to keep the food fresher longer.
This simple automatic cat feeder serves up one serving per day. It is ideal for cats that only get fed once in a twenty four hour period. If your cat is accustomed to eating more often, then you will have to feed it manually.
The Cat Mate C10 uses a flip-lid design. The timer can be set for the same feeding time every day. This gets your cat used to always eating at that time. The unit holds 1 lb of dry cat food, which will last most cats up to a week. The timer is easy to use. The automatic feeder is powered by one AA battery.
- One meal is dispensed at the same time every day.
- Holds up to 1 lb of dry or moist cat food.
- The bowl is removable and dishwasher safe.
- Uses a Quartz timer.
- Powered by one AA battery – not included.
- Optional ice can be bought separately to keep moist food fresh.
- Measures 7.5 x 2.8 x 5.8 inches.
How the Cat Mate C10 Works
The lid on the Cat Mate C10 is spring operated. The lid is held down with a small notch. When the timer runs down to 0 the lip flips open.
- Very simple design that is easy to use.
- Setting the timer is just a matter of turning the dial to the time you want the cat to be fed.
- Cleans up easily.
- Runs quietly.
- Hassle free and reliable.
- The unit can be turned off for manual feedings.
- Can be used with moist food.
- There is no memory. You have to set the timer every day.
- There is no alarm to tell the cat when it is feeding time.
- Ice pack to keep moist food fresh is not included.
- The battery is not protected, it can be easily knocked out of the unit.
- The timer turns easily enough for a cat to move it around.
Tips for Using This Feeder
- Keep extra batteries on hand.
- Try to secure the battery with something so the cat doesn’t knock it out.
- Try to secure the dial so the cat doesn’t change the timer.
Questions About The Cat Mate C10
The most common question people have about the Cat Mate C10 is why the gears aren’t moving.
If the gears aren’t moving:
- Check if the battery is dead.
- Check if the battery is in put in place properly.
- Try resetting the unit by taking the battery out and putting it back in.
This is one of the simplest cat feeders on the market. The Cat Mate C10 is very easy to use and very reasonably priced. As long as you make sure the batteries have juice, the unit is very reliable. However, it is not a good choice if you plan to be away for more than a day because you have to set the timer every day.
The only people that would find this automatic cat feeder useful are those who need to have their cat fed during the day. Otherwise, it would be much simpler to just feed your cat in the morning or evening. Since you have to set the timer anyway, it would not be any more trouble to just feed the cat yourself.